North Carolina Urban Archery Hunting Season Begins Jan 13
When: January 13th through February 17, 2018
Where: Urban Archery/Bow-and-Arrow deer hunting is allowed within the municipal limits of the Town of Weddington on private property, with property owner permission, a valid NC Hunting license, and any other licensing, permits, and registrations required by the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission (www.ncwildlife.org, 919-707- 0010)
· The Urban Archery Hunting Season was implemented by the state of North Carolina in order to allow cities, towns, and villages to better control their deer populations.
· Deer harvested during the Urban Archery Season must be registered via telephone (1-800-I GOT ONE) or online at www.ncwildlife.org and shall NOT be registered with a wildlife cooperator agent.
· Daily and season bag limits, as well as possession limits, for both antlerless and antlered deer that apply to the general bow and arrow, muzzle loader, and gun deer seasons also apply to the Urban Archery Season
· The hunter must have all applicable state hunting licenses. Licenses can be obtained online at http://www.ncwildlife.org/fs_index_04_hunting.htm, or by calling 1-888-2HUNTFISH.
· It is the responsibility of the hunter to obtain permission of the property owner to hunt on the property.
· The Town of Weddington does not have any municipal property available for hunting, nor does it have a list of interested/participating property owners.
· For more information, please contact NC Division of Wildlife Management at 919-707-0050. To review the rules please click here