The Planning Board of the Town of Weddington is an advisory board that reviews subdivision plats and changes to the Town's Ordinances and discusses matters related to land use and development. They are a recommending body for the Town Council.
The Board is appointed by the Council to serve a four-year term. It is comprised of 7 volunteer members, all citizens of Weddington, and meets on the fourth Monday of the month at Town Hall at 7:00 p.m.
Planning Board Appointment Process Timeline:
- End of October through November: Clerk to put out Call for applications and contact applicants with applications on file regarding interest in serving.
- 1st week in January: Send applications to Council for review
- Through the end of January: Narrow applicants and first-round interviews
- February: Second round interviews (if necessary)
- Appointments made at March Council meeting
Planning Board Members also serve as the Board of Adjustment and as the Historic Preservation Commission.
Walton Hogan5009 Laurel Grove Lane, Weddington NC 28104
Jim Vivian612 Cottonfield Circle, Weddington NC 28173
Steve Godfrey8500 Potters Road
- Term March 31, 2023
Ed Goscicki5013 Dockside Court
Jen Conway3209 Hartford Way
Travis Manning2230 Rising Sun Lane Weddington NC 28104
Manish Mittal312 Vintage Creek Drive Weddington, NC 28104