Permits & Applications
A permit is required for all new construction. Typical turnaround time for a zoning permit is forty-eight (48) hours depending on the date the permit is received.
The Town does not issue building permits, this is handled by Union County, however a zoning permit with the Town must be obtained in order to receive a building permit. All inquiries regarding what is needed to obtain a Building Permit from Union County should be directed to the Building Code Enforcement Division at 500 North Main Street, Monroe, NC or by calling the following numbers: (704) 283-3816.
Permits and Applications
- Zoning Permit (fill it out and submit online)– includes new homes and structures, additions, accessory structures, and upfits
- Zoning Permit (form to be printed)
- Conditional Zoning Application
- Rezoning Application
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Compliance Form for disturbed area less than 1 acre
- Financial Responsibility/Ownership Form for disturbed area equal to or greater than 1 acre
- Example Landowner-Builder Agreement if Landowner is different from Financially Responsible Party
- Erosion Control Plan Submittal Checklist for sites with disturbed area equal or greater than 1 acre
- NCG01 Permit Information - New structures in a common plan of development or lots with areas greater than 1 acres disturbed must fill out and submit an electronic Notice of Intent (e-NOI) form to receive a Certificate of Coverage (COC) under the NCG01 Permit. A COC is required prior to obtaining a zoning permit.
- Temporary Structure Permit - Sales Offices, Construction Trailers and Mobile Homes (fill out and submit online)
- Temporary Structure Permit – Sales Offices, Construction Trailers and Mobile Homes (form to be printed)
- Temporary Use Permit - Events
- Conservation Subdivision - Pre sketch Conference Application
- Subdivision Sketch Plan Application
- Subdivision Preliminary Plat Application
- Subdivision Final Plat Application
- Modification from Subdivision Ordinance Application
Board of Adjustment Applications
- Appeal of Zoning Decision Application
- Zoning Variance Application