Permits & Applications
Permits are required for all new construction and must be submitted via the Town's Self-Service Permitting Portal. Any application submitted via mail or email will not be accepted for processing. When submitting your permit application, please ensure that the associated application is provided and that all attached plans are provided as a PDF (other file types are not supported by the permitting software). Typical turnaround time for a permit review is 48 hours depending on the date/time the permit is received.
The Town does not issue building permits, this is handled by Union County, however a Zoning Permit from the Town must be obtained in order to receive a building permit. All inquiries regarding what is needed to obtain a Building Permit from Union County should be directed to the Building Code Enforcement Division at 500 North Main Street, Monroe, NC, or by calling 704-283-3816.
Before completing an application for a Zoning Permit for a new home, all applicants, regardless of land area disturbed, must fill out an electronic Notice of Intent (e-NOI) form to receive a Certificate of Coverage (COC) under the NCG01 Permit. A COC is required BEFORE obtaining a Zoning Permit. For directions on filling out the e-NOI, click here.
Permits and Applications
All applications must be submitted via the Town's Self-Service Permitting Portal.
- Conditional Zoning Application
- Rezoning Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Sketch Plan Application
- Subdivision Final Plat Application
- Subdivision Preliminary Plat Application
- Temporary Structure and Use Permit Application
- Variance Application
- Zoning Permit Application
Erosion and Sedimentation Control
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Compliance Form for disturbed area less than 1 acre
- Financial Responsibility/Ownership Form for disturbed area equal to or greater than 1 acre
- Example Landowner-Builder Agreement if Landowner is different from Financially Responsible Party
- Erosion Control Plan Submittal Checklist for sites with disturbed area equal or greater than 1 acre
- NCG01 Permit Information - For all new structures in a common plan of development regardless of disturbed area must fill out and submit an electronic Notice of Intent (e-NOI) form to receive a Certificate of Coverage (COC) under the NCG01 Permit. A COC is required prior to obtaining a zoning permit. For directions on filling out the e-NOI, click here.