Permits & Applications
** NEW PERMITTING SOFTWARE **
On September 19, 2022, the Town implemented new software for the intake and processing of Zoning Permits. This new software requires that all plans included as part of a Zoning Permit submittal be provided as a PDF (other files types are not supported). Zoning Permit applications that are mailed or emailed to the Town will not be accepted for processing.
** NEW SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS **
As of October 10, 2022, there are new submittal requirements for Zoning Permits. Please review these newly adopted requirements before submitting your permit application.
A permit is required for all new construction. Typical turnaround time for a Zoning Permit is 48 hours depending on the date the permit is received.
The Town does not issue building permits, this is handled by Union County, however a Zoning Permit from the Town must be obtained in order to receive a building permit. All inquiries regarding what is needed to obtain a Building Permit from Union County should be directed to the Building Code Enforcement Division at 500 North Main Street, Monroe, NC, or by calling 704-283-3816.
Before completing an application for a Zoning Permit for a new home, all applicants, regardless of land area disturbed, must fill out an electronic Notice of Intent (e-NOI) form to receive a Certificate of Coverage (COC) under the NCG01 Permit. A COC is required BEFORE obtaining a Zoning Permit. For directions on filling out the e-NOI, click here.
Permits and Applications
- Zoning Permit (Self-Service Web Portal) (see new submittal requirements)
- Conditional Zoning Application
- Rezoning Application
Erosion and Sedimentation Control
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Compliance Form for disturbed area less than 1 acre
- Financial Responsibility/Ownership Form for disturbed area equal to or greater than 1 acre
- Example Landowner-Builder Agreement if Landowner is different from Financially Responsible Party
- Erosion Control Plan Submittal Checklist for sites with disturbed area equal or greater than 1 acre
- NCG01 Permit Information - For all new structures in a common plan of development regardless of disturbed area must fill out and submit an electronic Notice of Intent (e-NOI) form to receive a Certificate of Coverage (COC) under the NCG01 Permit. A COC is required prior to obtaining a zoning permit. For directions on filling out the e-NOI, click here.
- Temporary Structure Permit - Sales Offices, Construction Trailers, and Mobile Homes (fill out and submit online)
- Temporary Structure Permit – Sales Offices, Construction Trailers, and Mobile Homes (form to be printed)
- Temporary Use Permit - Events
- Conservation Subdivision - Pre sketch Conference Application
- Subdivision Sketch Plan Application
- Subdivision Preliminary Plat Application
- Subdivision Final Plat Application
- Modification from Subdivision Ordinance Application
Board of Adjustment Applications
- Appeal of Zoning Decision Application
- Zoning Variance Application