Yard Waste Collection Information
TOWN CONTRACTED SERVICE BEGINS JANUARY 2023-until then, reach out to your current provider for service.
Yard waste for individual residents - Yard waste service is not included in the services the town of Weddington contracted for, however, Active Waste Solutions is happily providing it to individual residents who wish to pay for the service separately.
Process - Residents must call Active Waste Solutions’ customer service at 704-626-7400 if they wish to schedule yard waste service at their homes.
Residents must pay in advance for the service.
When residents call, they should state the exact number of bags they wish to be picked up. The number of yard waste bags at the curb must equal the amount paid for through customer service. If there are more bags at the curb than the resident paid for, the additional bags will not be picked up.
Rates - The rate for pick-up of 5 25-gallon clear plastic bags is $12.00 per pick-up. The rate for each additional bag is $2.00.
- Yard Waste must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled day of service.
- Items such as grass clippings, shrubbery trimmings, and leaves collected by the homeowner must be placed in CLEAR plastic bags no larger than 25 gallons in size.
- Paper lawn and leaf bags are NOT permitted as Union County’s yard waste composting facility rules state.
- Limbs should be placed loose at the curb or in a personal container.
- Limb pile should be no more than 5 feet in length and 3 feet high.
- Limbs must be less than 12 inches in diameter.
Please note that both the Mecklenburg County Foxhole and Union County Austin Chaney Road compost sites will accept large piles for a fee.
What will not be collected:
- Yard debris generated by landscapers or tree companies.
- Larger quantities of limb piles.
- Paper, lawn, and leaf bags are NOT permitted as Union County’s yard waste.
- Dirt, Sod, Rock, Brick, and any other debris not defined above.
- Stumps, root balls, dirt, etc. will not be collected.
Christmas Trees - Christmas trees will be collected following Christmas Day and through the month of January. All ornaments, tinsel, tree stands, wires and lights must be removed. Trees larger than 7 feet should be cut in half before placing them at the curb.