HEMBY ROAD WATER TOWER UPDATE AS OF NOVEMBER 12, 2014
The site/piping contractor is currently on-site and has graded in the access road and the preliminary area for the tank foundation. They are also working on the stormwater retention basin; installing the berms and emergency spillway and anticipates installing the large culverts under the access road by week's end; and will also install the gate at the road and temporary project sign.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
Notice is hereby given that public hearings will be held by the Town Council of the Town of Weddington at the Weddington Town Hall, 1924 Weddington Road, Weddington NC on the 8th day of December, 2014 at 7:00 p.m., for the purpose of considering the following:
- Public Hearing – Review and Consideration of Proposed Text Amendments to Section 46-45 – Revising the Duration of Financial Guarantees (Performance Bonds)
- Public Hearing – Review and Consideration of Proposed Text Amendments to Section 46-49 – Revising the Duration of Financial Guarantees (Maintenance Bonds)
- Public Hearing – Review and Consideration of Proposed Text Amendments to Section 46-75 and 46-76 – Updating Street Design Requirements to Match NCDOT Standards and Town of Weddington Road Standards
- Public Hearing – Review and Consideration of Weddington Roadway Standards
- Public Hearing – Review and Consideration of Construction Plan Guidelines
- Public Hearing – Review and Consideration of Proposed Text Amendments to Section 58-52, 58-53, 58-54 and 58-58 – Updating List of Permitted Conditional Uses in Residential Zoning Districts
- Public Hearing – Review and Consideration of Proposed Text Amendments to Section 58-271 – Implementing a “Statement of Readiness” on Any Development Requiring Conditional Zoning
- Public Hearing – Review and Consideration of Proposed Text Amendments to Section 46-43 – Ensuring That Only One Septic Drain Field and Repair Area can be Located on Each Lot
- Public Hearing – Review and Consideration of Preliminary Plat for Weddington Preserve
- Public Hearing – Review and Consideration of Preliminary Plat for Falls at Weddington
The public is encouraged to be present for this meeting. A copy of the proposed amendments and preliminary plats are on file in the Town Clerk’s Office for inspection by all interested citizens. “In accordance with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Town of Weddington does not discriminate on the basis of disability in conducting its meetings. Individuals with disabilities who require auxiliary aids or services or other accommodations for effective communication and participation in a meeting may contact the Town Clerk at 704-846-2709. Requests should be made at least 4 days prior to the meeting.”
NEWS FROM PROVIDENCE VFD
Providence VFD will be selling Christmas Trees beginning on November 28th. The lot will be open from 9AM – 10PM Monday – Saturday, 9AM – 8PM Sunday. Trees range in size from 6' – 10'. There will also be a limited number of wreaths and garland for sale. All profits from proceeds will go directly to help support the operations of Providence VFD.
Stop by Providence VFD on November 29th between 11AM – 3PM to kick off the department's 60th year of operations. Lunch and desserts will be available.
WEDDINGTON TREE LIGHTING
WEDDINGTON, NC – November 10, 2014 – The Town of Weddington wishes to invite Town residents to its Annual Christmas Tree Lighting. Join in the celebration with your friends and neighbors as the Town kicks off the Holiday Season. Come sit and enjoy music and special performances by local school and church groups while enjoying cookies and hot chocolate. Soups and sandwiches will also be available for purchase at this year’s event. This event is scheduled for December 5, 2014 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Weddington Town Hall, 1924 Weddington Road, Weddington, NC. A rain date is scheduled for the next night, December 6, 2014. Please bring a new toy and/or, non-perishable food item to be given to the Union County Christmas Bureau and receive a ticket to be entered to win a prize. Pictures with Santa will be available for $5.00. There will be a special visit from Santa himself and the 2014 Weddington Carrousel Representative. Also the Annual Town of Weddington Ornament and Weddington Town T-shirts and Decals will be available for purchase. Please contact the Town Hall at (704) 846-2709 if you have any questions.
TOWN OF WEDDINGTON
NOTICE OF PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT MEETINGS
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2014 – 5:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.
WEDDINGTON TOWN HALL
1924 WEDDINGTON ROAD
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2014 – 9:00 A.M. TO 11:00 A.M.
There will be public involvement meetings on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at the Weddington Town Hall, 1924 Weddington Road from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and on Thursday, November 20, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on site at Parcel 06-120-012Q along Hemby Road. The purpose of these meetings is to provide information and solicit public input and community involvement regarding a conditional zoning rezoning for All Saints Anglican Church on 7.95 acres. The meeting is designed to allow citizens to view existing conditions, general design, and layout concepts, and to answer questions from service providers and the community. Please contact the Town Planner at (704) 846-2709 for additional information. The Town Hall is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.